Friday, September 23, 2005

Let the inventory begin

I decided I would take a physical inventory of things I decided to pack into my car to take with me had I been able to evacuate. The easiest way to do this will be to blog about the things I unload as I unload them.

The first thing out of the car was Nola and myself. Then when we went to bed last night, I brought in my 6 Martha Stewart Grandma feather pillows. They are from Kmart of all places and regular price 8 bucks a piece. In terms of our sleeping comfort they are worth taking because we might have needed to sleep in the car. In terms of recovery after the fact they are still a comfort. In terms of replacement if they got flooded, they are priceless as it would be difficult to replace them. There is no Kmart in TX. Annd they cannot be ordered from the Kmart website. I don't know what is wrong with those people.

I also removed my work in progress crochet bag which also holds my wallet and phone, etc. One needs to be able to crochet for calm if displaced, you know. All my hooks are in that bag and a pair of craft scissors. It really is rather organized of me to have all that in one place easy to grab should I have to flee.

More to come.

No comments: