Saturday, November 01, 2003

November 1st. It still amazes me when the days zip by so quickly. This morning, I have already been somewhat productive. I went to the bank to deposit my check, and then wroote myself a note to arrange for direct deposit so I will not have it to do again as necessity. Direct deposit really is a good thing.

After that I returned videos, on time!! Yea, me!! We even managed to watch two of the three we rented this time.

After videos I went to Armstrong McCall, a beauty supply store for licensed professionals only. They had some of what I wanted, but I thought for sure that they carried the Bed Head line. Nope. Instead I got a few Kiwi products by ARTec, and some candles that have been discontinued. I also made a huge impulse purchase while I was there.

It is impulse as it was not on my day's agenda, but I decided to spend the $50 clothing allowance I had alloted myself, so it is not a budget crushing impulse purchase. Additionally, it is something to benefit both E and myself, and also something we have been talking about buying for some time.

The beauty supply store had a beach cruiser bike, 3-speed, metallic red, for $50!! Actually, it is near identical to one I have been waiting to get at Target which is $99, so rather than consider this a $50 impulse buy, I suppose it is better considered a $49 savings.

Does that mean I can go spent another $50 on clothes? I think I had better go do some budget crunching math before I answer that question.

Now for the afternoon, I was going to go to the grocery store and perhaps stop by the nail salon but maybe the nails are better put off for another day. Or, maybe not. I think I will nap on it.

No comments: