Tuesday, November 25, 2003

I did not go to sleep last night before 2am, and here I am alert and awake before 7:30am. There is something not quite right with this picture. Of course, it remains to be seen if this is to be an insomnia period or if it is an isolated event. The pattern will emerge as it will.

I have been trying to decide when to go to the store for Thanksgiving groceries, and I think the answer is tonight at 10pm. I do not want to go this morning because I have other running around to do on the way to work. I have to go by the Lawndale to pick up my retablo, and I also have to go by the beauty supply store to pick up some candles they have on clearance. Neither of these errands are on the way to work, but I am making them so. I figure if I leave the house by 9:30 I can get everything done and still make it to work on time.

I could stop at the store on the way home tonight, but I do not want to miss NYPD Blue, so I will have to go afterward, which might actually be the best time anyway, since I have to work tomorrow and would otherwise have to go on the way home. Grocery store on the eve of a holiday...not happening. The eve of the eve will be bad enough.

The tree is up, and I had wanted to have it decorated, but that is not happening any time soon, unless
I get home and it has been done. Not likely because E has a full to-do list of her own. Perhaps I will task Paul with it when he arrives o Thursday. Nah, it is something I really like to do. I might just tackle some of it tonight after the store, and then after work tomorrow as I am cooking. The cooking will commence around 8pm Wednesday night.

The menu includes:

Coca Cola basted ham
fresh butter layered yams
4 cheese macaroni
shrimp dumplings (if I can figure out when the stove top can be used that the oven is not on)
deviled eggs
stuffed celery
goat cheese and leek tart (if I can figure out when it can claim the oven)
mashed potatoes with StAndre cheese

hmmm, what else...K is bringing a turky and stuffing with gravy because her husband was put out that turkey is not on the menu, and Paul is bringing oyster dressing and a corn souffle.

I think there just might be enough food. We have also considered honoring our tradition of egg rolls and jalapeno poppers from Jack In The Box. I think that just depends on if someone remembers to go get them.

Let the merriment begin!!

No comments: