Wednesday, November 19, 2003

So I think it umm, pays...to put the money woes out there to the universe. Not that my dad reads my blog, at least not that I am aware, but I spoke to him over the weekend, just checking in as the good daughter, and he asked me to email him my address again so he did not have to ask my mother for it. Then he sent me a followup email saying the check is in the mail. The benefit of him not asking my mother is that she will likely then put a check in the mail too!!

In addition, there has been a bit of a personal windfall in the household finances which remedy the need for concern on our part to the point where we will have the proverbial nest egg cushion. Amazing that it took me to 39 to be able to have any degree of comfort financially, though admittedly, the degree is pretty small. It's a start.

I have also come to the conclusion that I actually like being back in the salon. I don't like the fact that I am just never busy, but I can actively work to improve that and will post the flyer we come up with once it is done. Currently, I have to work 35 hours a week to become and then maintain benefits eligibility. I am realizing that it might not be worth it in the long run and am going to see what other avenues for health insurance might be available.

Off to do the production for the new issue of Emerald Pillows...all the subscribers waiting on the edge of their seats will have one in the mail asap!

No comments: