Monday, November 10, 2003

I am having such a hard time with my NaNoWriMo entry. Plenty of ideas about it and easily a couple thousand words of notes in my work journal, but when I sit down and am ready to write, I have something more than a blank. I think the block I am having has to do with my ccurrent Buddhist study which is focusing on equanimity and treating every being as if they were once your mother. This is, imo, making it difficult to write the catty and devious salon characters my murder mystery revolves around. I think I might just type in my notes and work from there to see what else I can come up with.

I have otherwise been rather motivated. I have decided on my Thanksgiving menu even if the guest list remains an uncertainty, or rather unconfirmed. I have decded on who will be getting one of my fabulous xmas boxes filled with a variety of home baked goodies, as well as which goodies will be in said boxes. I bought part of a xmas gift yesterday! I am even feeling myself ready to dive into the next issue of Emerald Pillows which will be available on Nov 19th.

Tonight I was interviewed on Queer Voices, a local radio show on KPFT, a Pacifica station. I had already been on Hitaji's show, Earth 101, so it was not a big stage fright issue. I just was spreading the word for our little 'zine and getting out the web address. When I was on Hitaji's show I got a few emails from it, so there was response. I hope that this is more of a target audience and there will in turn be more response.

I also got a hair cut today. My friend Paul is still out with an injured hand, but I am going on six weeks which just was not working for me, so I asked Edie to do it. She rocks!!

Also read half of Venus Envy today at work by Rita Mae Brown. I was recently chatting about her with someone and mentioned how I really thought she was over-rated, so my friend suggested I try this book. I have liked it well enough and I will finish it, likely tomorrow at work, but I am not sure my opinion of her is changing much.

No comments: