Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Well we did it! Nola and I went to the beach this morning. It was 85 degrees while we were there and I would guess the water temp was near 70 degrees. It was Nola's first time and she/we had a blast. She is such a chick magnet...

Initially Nola would walk at the edge of the surf and just let her little paws get wet. As the Tide rolled in, she would run away so it would not get her. It really was a comedy. As my feet became accustomed to the temperature, i walked out a little further and as Nola was on leash, she had little choice but to join me. As she realized the water was not going to get her, she began jumping forward into the surf.

There were flocks of seagulls there as well, and a lot of baby gulls. I wanted to have Nola off leash, but she is a mouser and she would have captured her quarry. Yes, she is fast, fast, fast.

The sand was very compact and there was no seaweed at all, which was a pleasant change. Also since beach season is waning, there were plenty of shells to pore over. Some of them were a brilliant reddish brick color, and I even managed to find a complete conch shell that is about 2 inches long.

We were there about an hour or so and I am just a leeeeeeeeetle bit pink. Already pilaged the aloe plant and will again later so as not to be itchy.

Nola is out cold sleeping next to me. I think she will snooze the afternoon away.

No comments: