Saturday, November 15, 2003

Well, Paul called me this morning to tell me he did not leave the hospital until 10:30 last night, and that he was indeed feeling like crap. We both decided to pass on the Market.

I went instead to Target with E and we came home to be slugs for a while. We are now just back from The Ambassador where we had sizzling rice soup, pan-fried shrimp dumplings, and shrimp egg foo yong. All tres yumm. Ten we went to Borders to read some magazines, one of which I bought, Everyday Food. There is a recipe I will make for Thanksgiving for a goat cheese and leek tart.

The day began with the sister-in-law and family coming over for haie cuts and the brother-in-law seeming put out when he learned I would not be making a turkey for the holiday family meal. Now, at the last family gathering, I specifically asked if this would upset anyone and specifically asked K if J would mind. Not like it is new news...

So K said she would fix a small turkey and bring it along, to which I just said whatever...

Now I am on the hunt for some fabulous yet non-traditional dishes to fix for Thanksgiving dinner. I suppose equanimity takes a back seat if one;s intent is to fuck with someone.

No comments: