Friday, October 31, 2003

Another work week is gone. Why am I not surprised that it seems like I never left the salon?

It has not been entirely bland, as the slow atmosphere at this particular salon gives me plenty of time for contemplation. The mental organization I can accomplish is pretty remarkable, and I can make lists like mad for those frequent moments when I feel as if I just can't focus.

I am catching up on the back issues of magazines I had to have for some reason or another, mainly Poets & Writers and Shambala Sun. It is interesting to me how things in my life seem to all come together, either to a crossroads or to a perfect parallel. Perhaps more on that later.

Tonight after work, i went with E to Cafe Montrose. It is a French/Belgian place and I had an order of mussels. I have been jonesing for them ever since we returned from NYC. These were pretty good, not quite the ones from Le Singe Vert, but good just the same. I have been inspired to make them myself, and will do just that on Wednesday, if not sooner.

After dinner we were supposed to meet Paul and Fred at EJ's bar, but E was not feeling right, and when we got there, there was a $5 cover charge. Since we knew we would be only there for a drink or two, we opted to leave...I know Paul will nderstand, and I will buzz by and see him tomorrow. I only hope he does not worry because my cell is temporarily out of service. That happened at 11 pm ish, and I had spoken to him on just an hour before. He will not worry too much, but it would have been nice to let him know.

Time for a movie I think.

No comments: