Sunday, October 19, 2003

Sunday morning and I am up and awake before 8 am. There is something wrong with this picture. I just poured a cup of tea, and loaded up the cd player with Diana Krall, Sarah McLachlan, Lisa Loeb, Bebel Gilberto, and Shawn Colvin. I will either figure it out by the time they all play, or E will then be up to distract me with the rest of the day.

I went back to work last Tuesday, and before the end of the first day I knew it was to be a dread filled experience. My horoscope that first day was something like "do not mingle into the drama, stay in your own space". As I read that I knew it was appropriate and that is how I have decided to conduct myself at work. I will chat with Paul of course, and with Sharon, my manager, I can be totally candid. But the rest of them can just presume I am stuck up or anti-social while I sit at my station and read.

On Thursday I read an entire book! I read The Cemetery Murders by Jean Marcy. I rather enjoy handing my book to one of the unknowing who asks what I am reading. It is entertaining to see their faces as they read the back cover and come across the word dyke or lesbian. I suppose it is as good a time as any to comb through my shelves of books and pull out ones I have not read as I am committed to staying the first 13 weeks minimum before I make a final decision. Of course, s out I can be added to her insurance, I will tweak my schedule righ away. Working less hours would make it much more bearable.

E has told me once again that I would be much more suited to becoming a therapist so I could help the world, and has reminded me that I can go to scool while she supports us and then just work part time somewhere for pocket money. I am going to go to check things out at HCC as well as at U of H, maybe even do a pre-enrollment to have them request my transcripts from my last college days. I might have a better idea about it all knowing that prior work would transfer. I will get on it after my friend comes to visit this next weekend. I switched my schedule around so I could be off Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so that means I will be working straight through until Friday four 10 hour days so I could not get to either school anyway before the following Wednesday.

On another note, my car is back among the living. I told Lewis to go out to the parking lot and put the mojo on it so I would not be back to see him anytime soon. I need to not bitch about it too much because it really is for the most part reliable transportation, and while it is in its eitghth year, it has less than 70,000 miles on it so it has considerable life left in it still. Perhaps it will be a good first car for T if I can save up spme dollars towards a new car for myself.

Who the hell knows what the future holds?

No comments: