Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tink...

For those not in the know, that was the sound of a pin dropping. It is very quiet in the house tonight. So far. E and the boy went to Big D for a few nights to visit some family pre-holiday. They are returning on Friday, but it seems very far away at the moment.

I went tonight to see Beth and Irina for haircuts. Beth got a nice outdoor fire pit for her 15 year anniversary at work, so the inaugural fire was tonight and we sat out on the porch to enjoy that. It was rather comical to see Beth stacking sawed off 2x4 remnants from the recent closet remodel they did. All the while, she was crumbling up torn off yellow pages from an old phone book. I had to take my chuckles back because Beth actually managed to produce a nice little blazing fire.

After leaving there, I went be Barnes and Noble for some little gifties I had coupons for there, and then I came on back home.

I thought tomorrow was going to be a productive yet sluggish day at home cleaning and what not, but that is not the case. There is an appraiser coming by between 8 and 10 in the morning. I am meeting Beth for lunch at Pappasito's at 11:30. I then have to go to Rice Village for some candles. And finally, I have a visiting client in town who is coming for a haircut at 530ish. Of the entire day, Rice Village will be the challenge.zoo does not begin to describe how it will be driving and parking down there. If it goes at all close to smoothly, I might hit the grocery store on the way home in prepration for the WTXB.

So much for slugging.

No comments: