Friday, December 24, 2004

productive morning already...

So the choice is to hit the grocery store in the morning before work, or after work around 5. Hmmm....the grocery store at 5 pm on xmas eve. You know my practical ass fought my slugg ass (a little bit of virgo kicked in) and i went to the store this morning at 6:45. I was home by 730 and Alonzo the yard man is here, so the groceries are sitting out in the car. It is certainly cold enough that it's no problem.

As I was walking out the door, I realized I had not crated the dogs. They went out to pee at 5:30 and then went back to bed. None of them budged when I took my shower. Wrecks and Nola usually head to their crates when I am drying my hair or brushing my teeth, and on occasion as early as when I put my deoderant on. No one had moved and I was on my way out the door. I decided to leave them out and see what happens since I knew I would be home pretty quickly.

Then I get home and see Alonzo unloading his truck. Shit. Fuck.

The dogs were good and they earned another time left out when we do a quickie trip away, but only if they are peaceful upon exit. Time will tell.

Nola has been through this process once already and had freedom for a while, but proved herself something less than worthy. She is getting a little older so maybe it is time to give her another shot. Sawyer has earned life as an uncrated dog. He only goes into the crate if he snaps at a guest. The only one he really snaps at is Bobby, our nephew who is three. We crate him now when Bobby is here so there is no drama, and mostly so Bobby is not traumatized or maybe so Sawyer is not traumatized.

Time to put up groceries. Then, off to work 11-4. Then E will be home!! Yea!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you both!! Enjoy it! Happy New Years!!!

maxine said...

Thanks for the holiday wishes, whoever you are...