Saturday, December 11, 2004

The holiday baking has begun

E has an ambitious list of peeps to send cookies to, so the baking has begun. Tonight I made chocolate chip with pecan. Tomorrow I think I will make chocolate chip sans pecans, and maybe a cinnamon pecan cookie. I am also considering doing some sort of spiced nuts and some fudge, though I might let the fudge wait til next week.

In addition to the cookies, I need to make some pound cakes. I still need to figure out how many of those I need to make. One I need for the work xmas party which is next Friday. I also need one for Alonzo the yard man. Maybe just one more to have some here in the freezer.

I think I might look at the big cookie cookbook tomorrow and try to find a new cookie recipe to try. I know there is a recipe in Sarah McLachlan's cookbook for Writer's Block Cookies, so I might look that up too.

And tonight, the words noodle kugel came up in conversation. That means looking through The Jewish Cookbook again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm...noooooodle kugel....

Anonymous said...

Pound cake, you say? *drool*

You wouldn't happen to want to share that recipe, would you? I have yet to find a recipe for pound cake that's any good, which is really, really sad.

And, I'm not sure what noodle kugel is, but now I want some...

Jen Queerly Canadian