Saturday, December 13, 2003

Tis the season to go shopping...

We went to a new place for lunch today, or at least new to us. I think it has been open less than a year, though. Annabelle's Diner is somewhere we will likely frequent for a while to come. We started with the spinach dip which was served with pita chips lightly fried in olive oil then dusted with parmesan. OMG!!! They were outstanding and the dip was rich and creamy. I cannot wait to go back there and have that again.

E had the corn clam chowder and it was served in a hollowed out bread bowl. Very good. I decided to try a different soup and had the crawfish bisque. Again, very good, rich, creamy...and the crawfish were nicely tender, not at all overdone.

Of course, our eyes were bigger than our stomachs and we ordered a pizza to split. It was a moderate size, either small, for two, or decent sized for one. We got shrimp and roasted garlic with fresh basil and cheese with a white cream sauce rather than the other choice of tomato sauce. We each had a small piece and it is sitting in a to-go box in the freezer.

Everything was delish and we will be going back again, and again. I have not been inspired to do a review for EP for a while, and I think one of Annabelle's will pretty much write itself.

After lunch, we went to Ikea to walk off the food and get the next piece of our closet room, another double Pax wardrobe unit. I think the next piece will be a single, or if we decide we need the room, maybe another double that we will el around the corner of the room. Then we will get the doors too, but we need to decide if we need more hanging space or not first. I think we will get the wardrobe put together tomorrow.

We also bought a sideboard table which we decided to use on our open pantry wall rather than building it out with base cabinets. I think it was a good decision, and I will post a pic of the finished pantry if I ever figure out how to do that here. The sideboard took a little bit of time to put together, interrupted by e having to go pick up her son, so that is why the wardrobe is waiting until tomorrow.

I finally brought the boxes of ornaments in from the garage today. One box has been gone through and is actually mostly on the tree. there are three more tubs, maybe 4, which would mean one tub is MIA, still out in the garage somewhere. I will know more once I get the rest unpacked...tomorrow.

Tomorrow's to-do list is growing...

No comments: