Tuesday, December 09, 2003

As I awoke this morning, I was having the most bizarre of dreams. The dogs were barking to be let out and I thought my girlfriend had already left so i was fighting the dream, where I wanted to remain, because I knew that if the dogs were so excited to be making so much noise, then either someone was at the door or someone had to pee. When I realized my girlfriend was still home, it was rather disorienting and the dream was pulling me back to bed.

The dream:

I was standing at the base of a huge hill looking up at a mansion-like house. There was no perceivable way to get to or inside the house. Then, Lauren Hutton appeared and told me that she would show me the way and that I need only to trust my instincts and all would be okay.

She took me through a doorway in the side of the hill and we were immediately in the dark underground. There were snakes, worms, and a myriad of other icky crawlie things.

My reluctance was more than apparent and Lauren repeated her earlier words. "Trust your instincts and all will be okay." She then beckoned me to follow her.

I followed her and all was fine as I went through a doorway without incident. The second door led to a glassed off acquarium style wall. Through the glass I could see huge loooooong eels everywhere through the weeds and dark murky water. There was a portal to dive into and once again i was hesitant.

Once again I heard the same soothing reminder from Lauren, "Trust your instincts and all will be okay." Once again I followed taking a deep breath and divng in.

When I came out of the water, I was coming out of a clean pool inside of the house. Italian marble tile and columns reaching to the ceiling. It was a marvelous exquisite place. Lauren was on a poolside chaise in a long white billowy goddess-style dress.

The dogs were still barking as I got up to let them out.

I was recounting this dream to a coworker today and she was telling me that snakes, in dreams, symbolize death. I found that curious as I had heard right before bed about my uncle's passing and wonder if the connection is to him or to another, perhaps impending death.

No comments: