Wednesday, December 31, 2003

The last day of the year. Wow. My last day at work for 2003 was yesterday and i certainly went out with a bang. I was carrying a bag out of my manager's office which is right next to the reception desk. Actually, it was 2 bags and 2 additional boxes of stuff which I was going to purchase.

I dropped one bag, or so I thought, but one handle loop was still on my finger. Since I thought I dropped it I tried to step around where I thought it had fallen. Since I did not fully drop it, it sort of dragged with me and I tripped over it which sent me careening toward the desk. I saw the sharpest desk corner litterally an inch from my eyes. There were, of course, several people around to witness this. I am fine having just broken two nails and skinned my knee a little. I thought my back might be a little sore today, but really, I am fine.

Let's hope that marks the beginning of a clodzilla free year!

Tonight we will take the boy to Dave & Buster's and we will leave there by 10 to come home and see the ball drop on TV. Since I am starting the year by working 10-7 tomorrow, that is whoopdedoo enough for me.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: