Friday, December 26, 2003

I was feeling like a slacker for having not taken the time to blog the past few days, but after reading my daily reads today I see it is a pretty even split, so I have no hangover drama surrounding it.

I worked through 5 pm on xmas eve and then went to my father-in-law's house to make dinner. We had mashed yellow potatoes, green beans, grilled toast, and grilled pork tenderloin. It was absolutely divine. Left there around 99 pm and came home with the boy to open presents. We really had a nice night of it. I got some plants to grow from seeds and bulbs, hopefully I will not be killing them. There is an Amaryllis kit and a Sunflower kit. E bought aa Kodak digital camera for the entire family to use, so now I really need to find out how to post photos to a blog.

I got some new cds, some I ordered myself a few weeks ago, some E got me, and 2 I picked up today at Soundwaves. The ones I got today are the newest from my man Sting, "Sacred Love", and a dvd from Sheryl Crow, "C'mon America 2003".

From E are Linda Ronstadt "'round midnight" which is a 2 cd collection of standards with Nelson Riddle and his orchestra. Also, Celia Cruz "mi vida es cantar", still can't catch more than a word or two, but I really dig the latin sound. Then there is Diana Krall "When I look in your eyes", "The Julia Fordham Collection", Joan Armatrading "Greatest Hits", and kd lang "Shadowland".

A few weeks ago I ordered "Vision of Peace: The art of Ravi Shankar", "The very best of Cesaria Evora". "Shirley Bassey Greatest Hits", "Retrospective: The best of Suzanne Vega", and Pure Funk, an as-seen-on tv compilation.

What does one listen to first?

I also got a B and N gift card from my bestest as well as various other gifts from various sources. My mind is just not on the right path to remember it all at the moment.

No comments: