Thursday, October 20, 2005

New project

I know, I know... I am not even done with the retablo (barely started, really) and already there is a new project being launched.

There is an organization here in Houston called AssistHers. They provide care teams for lesbians in need. I think they are assisthers.org if you want more info. I have been crocheting up a storm and just last week on vacation, I finally took my sorry ass down to Y2E to learn how to knit. E went with me and sat and sketched a bit and all in all, it took about 45 minutes.

Anyway, the new project. I want to make throw size blankets for each client AssistHers serves. I can do this on my own and it would take forever. Or I could ask for help and people who want to participate. They have about 20 active cases at the moment. If you knit or crochet and are interested, please let me know. I think the blankets should be done in synthetic because allergies are quite often part of the illnesses dealt with.

If you don't knit or crochet but want to contribute, let me know and you can maybe send a Michael's or Hobby Lobby gift card or some yarn.

I am on a mission.

No comments: