Friday, March 18, 2005

And it's morning

I am not quite sure what is flying around in my being this morning. The craminess from last night subsided before I went to bed so at least that has left me for the time being. I am feeling it is time to commit myself to geting some writing going on in book form and I am not quite sure if that means plugging away at fiction, possibly expanding "Alex", or if it might mean a collection of memoirs. It is my hope that I figure it out soon so I can just get on with it.

I have been reformatting some files recently and I suppose this is where all this stems from. When I got the MAc, I transferred everything I had recovered off my old laptop which ended up being a bit of a chore. I actually had to open the files on the desktop pc from a cd the Mac would not read, and then I had to email them all to myself. I then took the email and usin a Word trial offer, turned them all in to Word documents whhich I was assured would be readable by the Mac even if I chose not to buy Word for MAc.

Well, trial over, Word for Mac is $400 and not, IMO, worth it since I am just writing. I do not need all the formatting bells and whistles and MAc offers two different programs which do more than enough for me.

So, the dilemma is now this: All the Word documents a couple hundred of them, are needing to be opened with a different program rather than a one click on the file to open them. It is aggravating to say the least, but the text was not lost, so I am not compaining too much.

I might send a note to a publisher I know and ask her how I might resolve the issue of which type of book to pursue. And I might just start doing it and see what unfolds before me in a muse following sort of fashion.

Or both.

No comments: