Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Wake up and be productive

On Wednesday morning I am usially at work by this time, but today I have a late client so I shifted my hours. I figured I can be nice about it as it could be the last time I do her since I will be (hopefully) changing positions soon.

I feel as if I could be rather productive at the moment, and before getting out of bed I had a mental list of things I could be doing, but I think maybe I was just dreaming because they are all gone.

E and I went to vote yesterday. I voted at our local district place, for all the good it did, and got my little sticker. As E got to the sign-in lady, she learned her voter registration had not transferred as it was supposed to. She was ready to just say "fuck it", but I reminded her how the guilt would get to her, and as we operate on goddess time, there was nothing else pressing to which we had to attend.

We drove to out old hood, two hoods ago, actually, and she was able to vote.

Both places had virtually no wait, and then we went into town for some dinner. We went to Cafe Artiste where E had a chicken po boy and 2 glasses o wine, and I had a shrimp po boy (sans green peppers, please) and a Mexican Pepsi. I really wanted to buy the second one they had in the case to bring home, but I knew I would have drank it right away and regretted it, so I decided that unless I found a retailer for the Mexican Pepsi, I would save is as a Cafe Artiste treat and hope that their supplier never makes it unavailable again. Knowing they have it helps me resist it otherwise so it is the only time I actually drink it when we go there.

We hung around the cafe for a while and then went to Half Price Books before we had to pick up T. I got Elizabeth Sims second novel as well as another Sneaky Pie Brown mystery. I told E that it was all CJ's fault for introducing me to a new author. I just had to buy the book.

We went by Whole Foods after picking up T as he had to get some protein bars and fruit. His coach at school wants him to try to bulk up a little, interesting that he loses the sweets for the coach. If he manages to stick to it. I will have to evaluatte the situation before getting stocking stuffers. Maybe protein bars rather than candy. We'll see.

The evening was spent watching bad tv, surfing between the election coverage and the VH1 red carpet moments countdown.

Woo.

No comments: