Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Listening

KPFT is in the second week of their semi annual fund drive. My friend Hitaji's show, Earth 101 is currently on the radio. There are accasionally topics she brings out that I either just don't get, or in some way disagree with, but in her heart and soul, Hitaji is a healer and I have a lot of respect for her.

I was going to call in a pledge last week, but it is really difficult when you want to do so much more than what you know you can afford. For the past couple of years, I have done a basic membership of $35. I was discussing with E what is reasonable now, and I think I am going to do a $10 a month sustainer pledge. I rationalize it as a monthly, and again I feel I could likely do more. E's counsel was to do the 10 and then raise it next fund drive if I see that I can. Sound advice.

I have to go call in my pledge.

No comments: