Saturday, August 14, 2004

7 AM?

Who in their right mind is up at 7 AM on Saturday morning?

Anyone who wants a shower before the city cuts off the water for some work they are doing in the neighborhood. Also, anyone who hears the yard boy with the weed wacker. It seems we are first on his list every other week. I love it.

So by noon time, I had already been to meditation and yoga as well as to the kolache place and starbucks, all before hitting the farmer's market.

At the farmer's market, we got some more blueberries because the ones we got last week were so divine. In addition to them, I picked up strawberries and cantaloupe, plantains, bananas, garlic, cilantro and poblano peppers to stuff.

I am going to experiment with the plantains and try to fry them up for eating with a chimichuri dipping oil. This is an experiment all around, and as is the norm, I anticipate some yummyliciousness to spontaneously occur.

I really like getting the garlic at the farmer's market because it is fresh and cheap. But more endearing is that it comes five heads in a bag for a buck and it is all paper peeled. Little mess for using. And did I mention cheap?
All this produce today for less than ten bucks.

The austerity plan is working.

No comments: