Thursday, August 28, 2003

So...I have gotten my computer back to where it was, excepting, of course, my email address book. I am at the point where I do not even realize who I am missing. I suppose I will just have to wait until I hear from people and then just re-add them back in.

I feel as if a lot of things are converging right now. My unemployment is about to come to an end, and I am finding myself partial to the easy route of going back to JC Penney. I know that if I am miserable there, I can find something else that is mindless, and that is the current plan. I listed out the pros and cons, and the up side is pretty good. The manager I would work for directly adores me and will hire me back on any terms so I will be able to make my schedule what I want it to be (regardless of the fact that I do not want to have a schedule!!). Also, I am definitely in the top 5% of my field, so I am good at what I do, and I do enjoy it. My boss knows I am good, too, and she is appreciative of the energy I bring to the situation so she lets me sort of do my own thing because she knows I am aware of the boundaries necessitatd working for such a large company.

It is pretty much a win/win situation. Of course this does not mean there is not an element of resignation.

No comments: