Thursday, November 17, 2005

Opening 7 am Saturday for the JCP Mega Sale

Don't miss it! I am working 1-9 so i get minimal chaos as I will be overlapped by two other receptionists at peak time. I think I might rather have the chaos solo.

Today was rather productive. I went first to Specs to get some pasta and tea. I did not actually go for the tea, but they do have a good price for Republic of Tea. TRepublic of Tea rep was there today as well. Two of them all whored up in their power suits. It must have been rep day at Specs because the place was full of themstanding around admiring their respective product lines. Rep one was gabbing with rep 2 while standing in the middle of the aisle right in front of the tea selection. I was pretty obviously looking to choose some tea and they noticed and didn't move. Then one finally noticed me giving them the hardline stare. "Can we help you?"

Yeah, you can get the hell out of the way so I can buy your product.

I got some ginger peach and some blackberry sage. Yumm.

Then it was off to the pasta section. I got a bag of pappar delle nests and a couple bags of pearl pasta for my latest in pantry cooking. IT is not the same as the last pearl pasta I got there, not quite as big, but E assures me it was still delish.

In a large pot lightly saute some chopped onion in Olive oil til translucent. Then add a can of diced tomatoes a can of tomato sauce, a can of chiclken stock and a tablespoon of Italian seasoning. Bring this to a boil and let it cook together for a bit. Add plenty of fresh cracked black pepper, too.

Then add thinly sliced raw (mine are usually frozen) chicken breast. I have them prepacked frozen in twos. Let it come back to a boil and cook for a while more. The acidic tomatoes will make the chicken really tender. Then right before you are ready to eat you throw in a cup or two of the pearl pasta. It really depends on how much liquid you have left. I normally add about 2 cups.

Stir.

Cover.

Stir some more.

When pasta is done remove from heat and allow it to sit covered to soak up any remaining liquid. If you still have a lot of liquid call it soup.

Always tres yumm.

After specs I went to Yarns 2 Ewe and got some yarn for my scarf exchange pal. It is gorgeous and as soon as E dumps the camera, I will be taking some pics.

From there I stopped at Costco where I officially began my xmas shopping getting a new cd, Diana Krall Christmas Songs hwich I just ripped and am listening to now. I got a gift too and some holiday cookies as well as some other stuff.

Wendy came for a haircut and the evening after that has been totally lazy, one of watching tv and knitting. Time for bed.

3 comments:

maxine said...

Nevermind.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your writing. You have a gift. I'll be dropping by often. Jane

maxine said...

Thanks, Jane. Hope to see you hanging around!