Friday, November 11, 2005

oh...mi...god...

Reason number 7,543,869 why youshould always have a can of whipped cream in the fridge.

I decided to have some oatmeal for breakfast. My regular recipe is one packet of Maple and Brown sugar instant oatmeal, a tablespoon of butter and an additional heaping tablespoon of brown sugar. Add enough water and give it a stir. Enough is a relative term to how thick you like your oatmeal. I usually add an amount that looks like it might be too much. Experiment with this.

Next step is to nuke it for 1.5 minutes. Give it another good stir. At this point I usually add some milk to make it a little creamier. The last time I made oatmeal we were out of milk and I used soy. It was ok, but not as good as I wanted it to be. I was not sure about the milk in the fridge, so I was looking at the soy and then I saw the whipped cream.

Lightbulb moment here. I have used whipping cream when it has been in the fridge with good results so I opened the can and gave my oatmeal a liberal squirt. Then I patiently stirred it in. Worth every second of the wait for the fluffy, creamy oatmeal I just enjoyed.

Make it. Eat it. Love it.

No comments: