Saturday, September 18, 2004

Shopping delight

We went to the mall today to get one last little present for my birthday. It is from Z Gallerie, and looks like this .

While at that end of the mall, we also went into J.Jill to drool a little over all the clothes we either cannot at the moment afford, or will never (or nor any time soon) be fitting us. For shits and grins,. I tried on a divine feeling sweater and what do you know, an XL, that is an XL in a regular sized grrly store, fit me. I was beyond amazed. If I did not have to renew my hair license, I would have bought it on the spot.

There was also a skirt there which was a good coordinating piece for my wardrobe and the sweater, but I managed great restraint.

Then, on the way out of the mall, we stopped at Lord & Taylor. They have an extensive plus size department, and carry several upscale designers I like. There was a lined suede blazer, rather fitted, so I looked to see if there was a 24 on the rack. Usually, at least in recent history, a 24 will fit, but be something less than flattering, tight on my upper arm, and offering little hope for movement or even ability to breathe.

The largest available was a 22. It fit as if it were tailored for me personally, even buttoned.

I want to go shopping!!!

No comments: