Friday, September 10, 2004

The last day of my 39th year

Work today was steady and productive, not overwrought, not snlail slow. Perhaps this is a sign on the eve of my fortieth birthday that perhaps it will be a good year(workwise). Of course, 39 was a good year, so I am not complaining.

I got cards today from my mom, my pseudo-sissy Brenda, my neice Crystal and my friend CJ(who included a book with her card woohoo!!!). Many thanks to you all, though I cringe at the thought of my mom and Brenda reading this blog, therefore thanks to them is rather rhetorical. My mom's letter had a pic of my dad and a $50 check, always welcome, and the following text:

"Put 9-11 in the back of your mind and never forget.

But in the forfront of all your thinking know that on Sept. 11, 1964

a bundle of joy and delight brightened our door.

In your future always remember to put your many talents to good use for yourself and all womankind.
Love Mom--

P.S. I just was reading this over and it almost sounds like preaching. Or maybe I should get to work and
get that book started."

In the past year I sent my mother some pretty esoteric Zen type cards, and it would seem they have had some effect. I am in some sort of shock over this message. It is perhaps the most intimate thing ever expressed to me from my mother. And it only took 40 years!!

No comments: