Wednesday, February 11, 2004

So, yes. I did go to Cafe Artiste this morning and I sat there writing for nearly three hours. There was a new counter person and while he was friendly enough in his own way, he was also a somewhat self possessed sexist charmer. I could only think of how my oldest son seems to view himself as a charmer and something of a romeo, but in reality his sugar sweet charms are sexist and much too over the top to be considered genuine. Ok, cut the kid (my 19 year old) some slack, I agree as he is young. The cafe dude, however, was easily 35 or better, and had no such excuse. Of course I am glad, after witnessing him go outside to meet and pet some hot chick's dog then stick his hands in his pockets then return behind the counter all without stopping to wash his hands, that he is a counter person and not a kitchen person. Little difference and still unsanitary.

Anyway, I was there working away. I took a minute to sit and see if anything new was begging release, and when my food arrived and I still typed nothing, I decided to transcribe some Awakening notes I have been jotting down instead. Made me want to get it done and have some closure on the piece. Sometimes that is difficult when it is something I am writing more for myself or for a sense of documentation rather than for a deadline or something more tangible.

I left there near one and then went to my nail salon to get my nails redone. They look fabulous and feel very good. There is a new lightness to them as the acrylic is but a thin veneer overlaying my natural nails. Nothing at all bulky.

The weather is still rather dreary today, and there is not much else going on.

Ho.
Hum.

No comments: