Tuesday, February 24, 2004

The inside of my head
feels like the breath you take in Houston
as you step outside the air conditioned comfort
on a July afternoon
when it has been misty rainy
and it is 100 plus degrees
and 100%+ humidity.

I am not really groggy
don't really have a headache
not extremely tired
though I am still not sleeping well.

My mood is something less than cranky
not having directly snapped at someone since Friday last
when I told Gil to quit his damn whining
about his hemorrhoids
because that was something beyond too much information
and it was not very pleasant
to have to listen to.

I have been wearing my glasses lately
not my preferred contacts
because the inside of my head is where my eyes are.

My coworkers see me and ask what is wrong
because of a combination of some
or all
of the above.

The rim of darkness
is lurking
near.

No comments: