Thursday, February 05, 2004

I am feeling a major purge coming on. I cannot decide if I should just go room to room and start with the easy material crap, which seems the most logical course. Or, perhaps I should begin with purging thngs that are a time suck. I suppose refining my schedule was an important step, and where I like working just 4 days a week, and I like not working any weekend time (with the occasional Sunday exception for those clients on the AA list), I really detest the 11 hour Monday. It is a small sacrifice though to not work Sundays.

The next thing might be to get into a regular habit of cafe writing on Wednesday morninga, whenever morning might be in accordance with when I wake up. That is a definite me time thing and I think that rather than invite E to join me, I will let her know that it is what I am doing, and that if she would like to join me, she can call me as she is leaving work on Wednesdays to see where I am. As soon as the weather breaks a little, I might take to going to Galveston again on those days.

Another order of business is to get a small bedside lamp so I can relegate this humongous one to the garage. Just. Don't. Like it. It is an old lamp that was E's geandmother's or someone's, and it is not a bad lamp, but it is sitting here bedside and it is big and shadeless, so when I am awake and working late at night it is just a bit too much. We have a small clip on light out at the computer that clips onto the bookshelf behind it that I think might work in here so I might try it to see and then go to Ikea to get another one. I think it was only $9.99.

The weekend is already pretty full as I sort of overbooked myself a little. I have a home client Saturday morning at 9:30, if that was not crazy enough, I went and made a date with a friend for lunch at 12:30, and then E and I will be doing the Margaret Cho thing Saturday night at 9 at the Improv. Then on Sunday, I had told Band I that we would come over and shoot pool and cut hair around 12 or so, but I discovered today that I have a 12 o'clock client at work on Sunday, so I will do that then go to B and I's house around 4, maybe just cut their hair, maybe stay and shoot pool, depending on what else their day allows since I fucked up on the scheduling. Then of course, as it is Sunday I will be home before 8 pm so we can watch Alias and the L Word, the new must see tv.

That leaves little other run around time this weekend. If I am up early Sunday, perhaps breakfast somewhere, but perhaps that is just a tad ambitious.

Bookshelves need finishing.

Molding needs to be installed.

Bathroom needs finishing.

Bedroom needs refining and finishing.

Grouting needs doing.

We need to buy a new bed.

Closet needs painting.

Budget needs revising (sigh, again) as my unemployment runs out soon which will be like a huge pay cut. Ouch that's a big one.

All those things need to be purged off my to-do list...

No wonder I am getting lousy sleep.

Oh, and let us not forget I need to work out some sort of yoga schedule for myself as well as get back to walking my pooch daily as I was for so long, and getting some use of the bike I bought a few months back. At least E is using it so it was not a wasted $50.

Usually, I have great stretches of getting little sleep, an average 4-5 hours a night, which are broken up with a week here and there of 7 hours, then back to 4-5. It is a cycle I have been in for a couple of years, and I can say it works well enough for me. The sleep I get is good sleep and it is just my body's natural rhythm.

Lately, the sleep I do get, 4-5 hours, is really crappy.

ugh.

No comments: