Monday, June 06, 2005

Toasted Marshmallows

I want some. Really.

I made a slide show using iPhoto and I wanted to save it to a disc to send it to my dad. It is a show of photos he took 50 years ago. I just think he would like it and from what the book says, I should be able to do this. I am just not following and there is a little bit of vagueness surrounding the directions.It could be nothing more than that the file is too big. I will have to see about that and maybe redo it. But I am not quite sure where to see how big the file actually is.

Laundry awaits.

3 comments:

whispers said...

toasted marshmallows sounds awesome....only one problem...no marshmallows to toast!

are you running tiger or panther?
either way find the actual document
put it into a folder of its own, make sure the folder view options includes size and there you go! you know how big it is!
are you trying to build a stand alone "scrapbook" for your dad?

laundry....yep...it waits :)

maxine said...

Still running Panther. I made a slideshow as an experiment and I thought he would like it so I want to send him a CD of it. I mis-sized some of the pics and heads are cut off in the slide show on a few pics. So essentially it is less than perfect. I did manage to burn it to CD but it plays with skips. I don't think he will mind.

The real project will be in making a book of his photos with the iPhoto book option. Likely several books as I have about 2000 negatives to process. 45 or so have been done and I will make him a book this week perhaps in time for father's day. Maybe.

whispers said...

I wish I had the time to play with my computer enough to know how to do more. I did once, but then jobs changed and.......

The book project sounds like a special one. I'm sure your dad will like it.