Tuesday, June 07, 2005

And the first week of June is gone...

How does this happen? I know it has been June for a week because I physically checked the calendar last Wednesday to confirm it was First Wednesday and Meteor night (for Professional Women's Networking Happy Hour). I also have to tell people all day at work when they need to write a check or record debit card use (yes, people actually DO both those things often). So I have known it is June. But tos ee a whole week of it slip away is somehow disconcerting.

This means the first half of 2005 is nearly gone.

Pfft.

Over.

It is just disconcerting. I am not sure how else to describe it. Not very writerly of me, I know, but it is all part of the disbelief.

I suppose half gone also means half still to come. I am feeling that in a big way as well and trying toget back into a solid writing schedule. I think I will make my first effort something manageable and shoot for 30 solid minutes a day. If I do this in the morning, I am likely to have more consistent results, but it isn't always feasible. I hate not having spell check on this. I am still undecided on whether blogging counts toward time writing.

I think tomorrow needs to be a Milky Way day. Can't you hear it calling?

No comments: