Wednesday, July 28, 2004

My sanity is on a three week vacation

In an hour and a half, it's true. My sanity is going on vacation. My youngest son, nearly 14, is coming to visit. I have not seen him since Easter '03. We speak on the phone each week, but it has been so long.

Next week my three day week begins. It seems one cannot just drop insurance. It must be done at open enrollment, which at JCP is in October, or with a qualifying change of status.

Alternately, when one's hours fall below the weekly minimum, eventually a letter is generated suggesting how many hours are needed to keep insurance active, and how long one has to make up these missing hours.

I will be covered, likely, until about December 1st. Once I get the letter telling me when my last day of coverage is, then, and only then, may I pick up outside insurance.

Sweet.

My new schedule is:

Wednesday 8-5
Thursday 12-9
Friday 8-430

Again,

Sweet!

No comments: