Friday, July 09, 2004

Fresh off the tree

Three days in a row I have managed to be up between 730 and 8, and this morning, I even went out to procure a bowl of figs fresh from the tree.

I did not think ours would be that good this year as the fig tree/bush is leaf wise looking pretty poorly. That is, excepting the portion that is far too tall for us to think about getting to. So, I braved the chiggers or whatever else the grass gnats are, and went out to gather.

Luscious. Full. Divine. Juicy and oh, so sweet! Yes, I am still going on about figs.

On Wednesday night we went to Slick Willie's to shoot some pool. As we were cashing out, I rather matter-of-factly mentioned to E that I thought Eva Cassidy was not car music and should be brought inside. Boy, was I in trouble. She was not stoic, but was indeed rather put out with me. Suddenly it became a total criticism of her taste in music. Just a tad reactionary.

We went over to MoMong and enjoyed some mango spring rolls and shrimp fried rice, but E was less chatty than normal.

We came home (not listening to Eva, by the way) and went to bed fulfilling in a grand fashion her resolution number one.

In the morning I knew all was forgotten and likely forgiven.

At about 2 at work yesterday, there was a floral delivery for moi. Lovely. Roses. and the card said simply "IFLY".

Perfect.

Life, is good.

No comments: