Saturday, May 15, 2004

Saturday morning and I'm home alone. E has gone to the yoga retreat and it just was not calling my name, so here I am, relaxing with the dogs. I think I might shave my legs today and then at some point go get a new tattoo. Or two.

Also on the agenda is the bank, Lowes, and the Fossil store at the Galleria. While at the Galleria, there is also a new tea store I need to scope out.

Have I been shopping too much lately? Perhaps. But not in a dollars-wise way. I think there has been some retail therapy going on, but I am not sure why. Of course, it could just be that I am becoming a grrlygrrl as I approach 40 this year. The signs are all there. I have nails again and I get them done every two weeks as well as get a pedicure. This alone isn't really cause for alarm.

In addition, I have become a purse whore of sorts. I have bought 6 new purses in the last month, and not less than 10 in the past 6 months. For the most part they are cute little bags that are too good a sale to pass up. My reasoning is infallible as the more purses I have to rotate through, the less wear each one will receive, making each an investment which will endure.

Then there is the shoes. While my selection is not over the top grrly, I have bought at least 6 pair already this year and there is an immediate plan for several pair more.

The retail therapy angle applies if it is miscarriage anniversary blues that are encroaching. May 22 marks the day, but I am not convinced this is the case. I have had a general blues malaise recently, but it seems more of a seasonal blah sort of transition.

Maybe I need to give Norah Jones a rest as I realized yesterday that listening to her latest CD makes me very sad. I love the music, but the sadness is definitely lingering much like it is lingering after yoga. I think I will ask Kathryn (my yogi) about this and see what she says.

I think there might be a cafe in my plans today as well.

No comments: