Monday, October 25, 2004

Ahhh...morning

Someone asked me yesterday how the sleep was going with Rex at night, if it was working out. Of course, I jinxed things saying it was going well and that we were on schedule again.

Last night, he was beyond restless. He was chewing excessively on a bone, which is a good thing to regulate some of that puppyt energy. We let all the dogs chew at bedtime because it seems to wear them down a little. Rex just kept at it endlessly.

Then, he was again barking at every sound he heard. I suppose we are still in an adjustment period. I remember when we got Nola. She did the same thing, barking at every noise, something Sawyer never did. Once Nola started barking at everysound during the night, it was as if this told Sawyer he was not doing his job well enough, so then he bagan barking too. I can't remember how long this went on before they chilled out about it.

The trio bark quite often since there is a warehouse district directly behind our back fence, and there are people in and out of there all night long. Last night in particular, Rex was quite agitated about this. I had a bit of a headache forming when I went to bed, so after an hour or so of listening to him chew, I decided to get up rather than fight it. Took some aleve. Worked a little online. Pulled out the futon in the living room. Where Rex promptly joined me and sacked out. Perhaps he thinks that the great room should be the master bedroom.

In other news, I should mention that the letter from Papu featured below was something that was not quite as difficult as it might seem. I am not really sure why this is, other than that on this Buddhist/spiritual path, I have come a ways, and I was able to sort of deflect this in a way that kept his shit his own.

E had absolutely no response to him. When he sent the email, he sent it to her work, something she asked him to not do, repeatedly. He also cc-ed her three siblings. She thought that rather than escalate things by screaming at someone who is never going to hear her, it would be best to have no response. She and I are the ones who went out with her dad in an effort to spend time with him and not let his life be solitary and lonely. Her only response was to email her siblings and say simply that she is done. Through. No more. There was no phone call on father's day, and no phone call on his birthday. I suppose the downside of this non action is that he really does not have a clue that anything is wrong.

It has been my policy to make every effort to have compassion and not judge. This is what has enabled me to sit with him for hours on end. Listening to the same BS over and over again. Wade through his bitterness.

When the email arrived, I decided to follow E's path. I was also done. We have discussed it at length and I have reminded her he is her father. If he were to call and need her, she would go to him. She knows she will speak with him again, but she does not care to spend further time with him. I agree with this, and have declared that our home is to remain a Papu-free zone. He is just not welcome here.

The part of the drama which really irritated me the most was in the followup email where he slammed me professionally stating he would no longer be seeing me for his haircuts, something I never asked him to do in the first place. In that email, as in the one below, he got most of the facts wrong, but I have let it go. I also put a "No Service" flag on his account at the salon so there will be no drama in the workplace.

Using the email for the artwork is my personal rebuttal to him in an effort to create/find/some beauty from his ugliness. The final pic should be up later today.


No comments: