Sunday, March 28, 2004

Yesterday, the back ordered shelf brakets were picked up at The Container Store, and we also went to Lowes to pick up the cedar plank for the shelves. Sometime today it will all be installed, and we will have 40 feet more of book shelves here in the library. That means I get to buy more books!!

It also means I will have to redesign the filing system and relocate books to their proper places. It's a virgo thing. I will have to do it. Plain and simple fact. I think the categories i have on my booklist will be sufficient, and the booklist will also get updated in the process. I think I hve neglected that the last two loads of books that have been assimilated.

Also on the agenda today is planting the myriad of bulbs I collected at Lowes last week. There are red calla lillies to sprinkle amidst the white ones we already have, a few varieties of day lillies, gladiolas, and a bunch others that were just colorful. Also picked up a couple of hydrangea.

Yesterday I repotted my pencil cactus and added a bunch of donkey's tail starter pieces I got from Gil. He told me you just break off a piece and stick it into the dirt and it will grow and hang over the edge of pots. I think I have near 100 experiments of this going on. Gil also gave me two new banana palms from the cluster of his which all produce fruit. We'll see.

My sunflowers are about 8 inches tall now and I will need to transplant them soon. I also got some green beans and carrots to attempt from seed. Last summer I did banana peppers and cherry tomatoes, so we are trying something different.

Also on the agenda today is laundry. And I think my altar needs a good dusting and cleaning. Might purge clothes, too.

No comments: