Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Uh oh. Now I have done it. I just sent an email off to my women's group with an announcement that I am leaving and a few of the reasons why. I am feeling both sad about it and relieved. The relief is definitely the leading emotion, and I can almost feel it washing over me. Can't you just hear kd lang crooning "Wa-ash, wash me clean..."?

Perhaps now I will be able to resume a more active writing stance. I had not realized before this week as I was contemplating this decision, just how much this has (perhaps) impeded my writing for the past five months. I am feeling ready to get it together in some way. Organize with intent on seeking out a book deal. I have always fely that the Alex story has some sort of potential to be fulfilled, and perhaps a collection of my work is the angle to be pursued. No way to find out but to jump into the deep end, and I feel this happening almost as I type.

The weight of these decisions really caused me to over indulge today. I will have to be back on track, tomorrow being a new day. E and I have both recently recommitted to Weight Watchers, following the plan at home, not attending meetings, and we said if we were not consistently losing by the Vegas trip, we would rejoin and go weekly to the center. We weigh in each Monday morning and I was -5 this past Monday, so we are off to a good start.

So what else is going on...

Spring seems to be bringing on some concerts for us to attend. kd lang is May 1, Melissa Etheridge is May 16, there is some artsy thing we have tix for this month, Vegas is mid April...no tix yet for Sting and annie LEnnox whi are not here until September, but we are likely going to plan the honeymoon around that in case we can get a pair. Additionally, I think we might get our rings from good ole JCP this Friday. I am looking at a triangle cut Amethyst and a band of Opals, as well as doing some more looking on my lunch tomorrow.

We finally bought a new mattress set today as well and will be sleeping on it tomorrow night...yeehaw!!!

No comments: