Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Must. Count. Needlles.

I think Percetta was making up for the fact that I did not go to accupuncture last week. Either that, or she was thinking in terms of birthday spankings. I mentioned the impending fete and she congratulated be, but honestly, all I did was put 44 on her brain.

When I first started accupuncture in March, 22 was the magic number and for the first month or so, I counted needles every time. I unconsciously stopped that obsession when after a visit or so I lost count, but today, for some reason, I found myself counting in a very soothing and meditative sort of way. I watched the Count from Sesame Street float by in my thoughts like a cloud passing as each needle was driven home.

Six months later and I have yet to eyeball any needles. Not in me. Not in the tray afterward, not in their sanitary trappings beforehand. I did see the box of needles today, but really, that's as visual as I need to get. Don't Want. To see them.

This week of birth celebration has brought gifties from afar in the mail. Ladies, I thank you all.

5 comments:

Jesse said...

Happy Birthday :)

Middle Girl said...

I am still soo weirded out by the thought of the needles, it could be one. Anyhoo...you. go!

happiness.
peace.
joy.

Anonymous said...

ooo happy burpday!!!

SassyFemme said...

Happy Birthday!!!

weese said...

Happy Birthday Queen.