Tuesday, January 01, 2008

All to our selves!

Going to the bathroom by yourself can at times be just a wee bit creepy. I am just back from the bathroom at just one of those times. Aren't you glad I shared?

EB and I are at work today. We got here at about 9:30 and not only do we have the office to ourselves, I think we have the entire building to ourselves. Dedicated, aren't we? That makes going to the bathroom and riding in the elevator just a wee bit creepy.

Actually I am here because otherwise my hours will be too few for us to enjoy the bank balance to which we have become accustomed. I am but a lowly hourly employee and when the office is closed for the holidays, if I don't work, I don't get paid. Of course there is the hope that I might eventually be a salaried employee here, but that isn't coming any time soon and it is really not entirely a bad thing if one plans accordingly.

New Year's resolution number one: Plan better next year for the holiday break so I can actually take the holidays off.

This morning, I actually slept til about 6:15. A bit later than what has been the norm recently. I was going to work on Kushu as it is nearly done. Instead, I decided to cast on a new project for the new year. I have committed myself to making the Celtic Knot Stole.

I studied the pattern a bit yesterday a little more deeply that I had when deciding to knit this. I now have confirmed that I am out of my mind. This shawl just might kill me.

I haven't done more than a scarf in lace, and when I did, it was with a larger needle and some fairly chunky yarn. Not this time. William helped me wind the 1300 or so yards of lace yesterday. It's some fairly fine merino. I am knitting with size 4 needles and currently on row 7. I am trying to decide if I prefer the circular as suggested in the pattern, or a pair of stainless straights. The straights have slightly more point.

I'm trying really hard to not think too far ahead to when I will be working two charts simultaneously. I have my highlighters ready.

I think we will work until about 3 or so and then maybe head to Pappadeaux for some Lobster Seafood Salad to start the year off right.

Happy New Year!

PS to the Contractor...we have a working toilet in the master suite as of about eight this morning. Thanks for getting on the crew's ass!

4 comments:

eb said...

Ooo...that lobster seafood salad rocks. Yum. But it doesn't rock as much as you, baby. Omigod I fucking love you.

Really.

*ding!*

Hot tea time!

weese said...

whoo hooo!!!
i want pics.
lets see that remodel.

(hey...calm down there E - you have another bathroom to start on now)

weese said...

you know...by the way -if you read your first sentence out of context, its pretty funny.

"Going to the bathroom by yourself can at times be just a wee bit creepy"

so...you want to go in groups?

maxine said...

Weese...ancient tribal customs?