Thursday, November 20, 2008

$18.61

Can you believe it? I almost fell over from the shock. Eighteen Dollars and sixty-one cents. I wanted to go inside and pay in cash. I was on E on the way to work and before getting into the loooooong Starbucks line, I stopped for gas. I still can't believe I filled my tank for under twenty bucks. 10,955 gallons at $1.69 per. If I had a gas card it would have been $1.54.

Amazing.

Last week, we spent 5 days visiting my mom in upstate NY. I packed socks. I wore them nearly every day. It was bloody cold. While we saw some remnants of snow on the ground here and there while driving around and the upper elevations were all snow covered, it actually snowed (flurries mostly) our last two days there and they got a few inches once we were safely back in Houston.

The trip itself went better than expected, and mom seems to be doing well. She is still in denial about how much crap she needs vs should be thrown away, but we're working on that. We managed to remove seven boxes of vintage cameras and accessories which we shipped home. There's umm...more...camera...crap...

I got home and it suddenly occurred to me that next Thursday is Thanksgiving. Surely there are a few more weeks? I need to get the grocery list up and running so I am not at the store next Wednesday.

We have been busy bees and it looks as if it isn't about to let up any time soon. Last night we had a girl's night salon, as in some of our peeps came over for hair cuts. That was fun. Coming up is getting some knits ready for an artists' sale this weekend, a day with the nephews, some artisan market days, holiday parties...oh, and we have a tree to put up somewhere along the way.

I better get to knitting.

2 comments:

Middle Girl said...

We're still up over $2.00 (in most places) here, though D is glad is in the $2.20's. It's all relative.

My mom has been letting things go, she wants to clean out her storage shed but is afraid to move the bikes some of the other tenants un-ceremoniously parked in front of it.

If they're still there when I come by Saturday, they will be un-ceremoniously moved. No diggity. No doubt.

SassyFemme said...

We're celebrating the lower prices of heating oil by turning up the heat in the house from 62 to 66. Hot times in the little town!

In two days our gas dropped from $2.05 to $1.95, woo hoo!